Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Outside Reading Blog THREE

I am now on the sequel to Twilight, New Moon. In the book so far it has been very tragic. Edward has left Bella and she feels empty inside, i can very much relate to this kind of tragedy. Someone I love, my Grandpa passed away when I was only in fifth grade. I missed him so much and felt sorrow for taking any minute I had with him for granted. I can relate a lot to Charlie, Bella's dad at this time also because when my Grandpa died it was like how Charlie felt every time he looked at Bella without Edward, when he looked in her eyes he saw sadness and despair, much like the pain in my dads eyes. Loosing someone you love is a heartbreaking experience, and although Edward isn't dad it feels like it to Bella. On a happier note Bella is now passing her time by hanging out with Jacob Black. Jacob has become her security blanket. I believe Jacob is a symbol of home and safeness, much like a stuffed animal, or a special blanket is to me and many of my friends. Jacob is a reminder of easier times in Bella's childhood as well. I predict that Jacob and Bella will have a falling out, leaving Bella depressed. Also a part of me hopes that somehow Edward will return to Bella, if he doesn't I don't know if I will be able to continue to read, it is so depressing.

No comments: