Sunday, March 1, 2009

Qt. Three Outside Reading NINE

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/movies/40212247.html?elr=KArksUUUUToday I read an article about Slum Dog Millionaire in the Star Tribune, it was titled A world away from the red carpet, Mumbai's slums ring out in celebration for 'Slumdog' Oscars by Sam Dolnick. I believe the central message of this article was showing how far India and Bollywood have come. This article reinforced what I learned after I watched Bride and Prejudice, which is that India is not full of poverty but it has large buildings and thriving culture. This article also showed much promise and allowed me to feel better about the progress of other countries in the world. India has come a long way, as have many countries. I learned that USA economy might not be at its height but other countries can be making progress and be at their height of the economy. I really am very happy for everyone associated with Slum Dog Millionaire. This is a huge accomplishment for overseas producers and Bollywood as a whole industry. I have no yet watched this movie but after reading about it, and seeing how many Oscars it won, I just have to watch it!

No comments: