Sunday, March 22, 2009

Qt. 3 Outside Reading FIFTEEN

Today I read a short story in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II titled There Is an Oz by Terri Cecil. This story was mainly about a young girl who got all her hopes crushed when she got in a car accident, and is in a lot of metal braces and can barely move. The obstacle she has to over come is not physical, more mental that obstacle is remaining faithful and hopeful that she will be able to walk again and that there really is a God who is protecting her. This story was inspirational and taught me just how much I really have. Sometimes I feel bad about myself because I am not as fast at running as the next person, or as good at golf, or whatever it may be, but I should be thankful that I can play all these sports at all. I also learned that to overcome anything you have believe in yourself and stick true to what you believe in. Without her faith in God this main character would have never had a prayer of being able to walk again or let alone be happy again. With a positive attitude, love for others, and belief anything is possible! Even though it does not say it in the text I believe she was able to walk again because of her determination, or she never gave up trying!

No comments: