Wednesday, December 10, 2008

outside reading ELEVEN

Today I read a short story out of the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II titled The Ones in Front of Me by Lia Gay. This story was about having her parents being divorced and how it really affected her more than she ever knew. One quote really stuck out to me and that was "This is my family, and we are "together"". This quote was significant to the story because her parents had been split her entire life and she knew it was hurting. She wanted them back together but felt guilty for saying so her entire growing up. Finally towards the end of the story she realizes even though it may not be a traditional family, they all will always be there for each other and love one and other in a nontraditional way, and that is okay. This quote also is important because it shows the author has grown and matured as the story developed and that she is grateful for let alone having two parents. I think this quote teaches people that things may not always be perfect but to look on the bright side. This story allowed me to look into the life of a child with divorced parents, and gave me a new outlook towards my peers with divorced parents.

No comments: