Sunday, October 12, 2008

Outside Reading #3

Today i read the first chapter in the book Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar. I am going to respond to the first chapter by pretend write an email to the author.
Dear Cecily Von Ziegesar,
Although i am well aware that i bought this book from the fiction section of Barns and Noble, I kept thinking how real it felt. The detail is unbelievable, and led me too believe maybe some of this is half or partly true. Was some of this book inspired by true life events, things that happened to you in high school? I also know this book is written partly by Gossip Girl, will i ever find out who she is? I wonder this because even in the first chapter it is obvious she knows so much about these peoples lives, but how, she must be a character and I am dying to know which one. I would love to know more about you and how you became inspired to write this book. I am so curious as to how you came up with all the families and all the drama, very creative. It is only the first chapter and i can't wait to read more. Your book is amazing and so real, write back!
Thanks,
Julia M

1 comment:

Kelsey J. said...

i have heard the gossip girl books are great.